ABSTRACT SUBMISSION HAS NOW CLOSED
The Organising Committee of the 49th International Conference of the Architectural Science Association invites you to submit an abstract for consideration by the ASA Scientific Committee. Authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to develop a full paper for presentation at the 2015 Architectural Science Association Conference.
Abstracts are invited under any of the following themes:
- Architecture and environment
- Architecture and social research
- Building and city information modelling
- Buildings and energy
- Built environment performance assessment
- Construction, materials and technology
- Design education and design research
- Environmental and landscape architecture
- Generative, parametric and evolutionary architecture
- Interactive environments and collaboration
- Interface between research and industry
- Modes of production and mass customization
- Theory, philosophy and methodology in architectural science
- Thermal comfort, lighting and acoustics
- The conference language is English and all abstracts and full papers must be submitted in English.
- Abstracts must be submitted via the link below. Do not fax, mail or email your abstract as it will not be considered.
- Abstracts should be no more than 400 words in length.
- Abstracts should be aligned with one or more of the conference themes above.
- The closing date for abstract submission is
Monday 23 March 2015extended to 30 March 2015.
- All abstracts will be blind reviewed (see Refereeing Process for more info).
- Authors will be notified of the acceptance of their abstract no later than Monday 20 April 2015.
- Only research papers that have not been published elsewhere will be accepted.
All abstracts will be double-blind peer reviewed and accepted abstracts will be invited to be developed into full papers. Each submitted full paper will be double-blind peer reviewed by members of the International Scientific Committee. Accepted papers by registered authors will be published in the conference proceedings (with ISBN) and selected papers will be published in a special issue of Architectural Science Review (ASR), published by Taylor & Francis, UK.
At least one author of each paper accepted for presentation at the conference must be registered to attend the conference. Failure to register will result in the withdrawal of the paper. Authors with papers that are rejected following full review, but have already registered, may request a full refund of their registration fee. Each delegate is restricted to presenting a maximum of two papers only. There is no restriction on how many papers an individual might be listed on as a co-author. Please view the registration page to register.